Thursday, May 22, 2008

Shadowrun: There's Always Something to Do in Seattle

Shadowrun is not perfect, but it is quickly becoming one of my favorite games ever. Here is a laundry list of only some of the things I've done so far in this game:
  • Woken up in a drawer in a morgue
  • Have both talked to and killed Orcs (with a gun!)
  • Slept in an apartment, a motel, and outside between a kitchen sink and a broken car
  • Stood in one place and got shot repeatedly with a machine gun, and won the fight
  • Connected my head to a computer and wandered around inside
  • Stolen money by hacking into said computer
  • Killed a shapeshifting octopus
  • Carry a strobe light around, and flash it at people
  • Drove a stake through a vampires heart, three times
And probably the cruelest thing I've done in a videogame, maybe ever:
  • Shot and killed a lonely, innocent woman dancing by herself in a club for no reason other than my entertainment
I really am enjoying this game. There are some parts where I have no idea what to do or who to talk to (or how to kill these annoying piles of slime on the fucking boat!), but man, it's great when I figure it out and move on. Hell, just wandering around the levels and killing whoever shoots at me (and boy, there are a lot of people that want to kill me) is fun.

I have no idea how far I am through the game (Mario RPG was easy to separate into sections because of the stars), so I guess I'll just continue to post until I beat it. Which I hope is a while away, because the game is a blast so far.

I can't believe I just killed a vampire in the same game that I can hack into a computer and steal money. This game is so cool.

(Click here for my first Shadowrun post) (Second Post)

No comments: