Monday, April 28, 2008

The Last Wario Land 3 Post

Okay, so one more post before I take another break for a day or two of exam work.

I just got all 100 treasures in Wario Land 3, so I'm pretty much effectively done with it. I doubt I'll be getting all 8 coins in every level, because, well, I have other shit to play (namely, Super Mario RPG, which will now probably get my full attention unless I buy Mario Kart Wii soon).

Just a few closing thoughts on Wario Land 3:
  • Above the Clouds is an annoying fucking level. In fact, its the most annoying level in the game.
  • The last boss, to me, seems like an easier version of Donkey Kong GB's last boss, which I thought was odd. And somewhat lame. Granted, Wario Land 3 came out six years after that game, so I guess they assumed most people hadn't played both? Or it was just a coincidence? I don't know.
  • The music is very well done, which is something I don't think I've said before. I haven't played much of Wario Land II, but the Wario Land series overall has fantastic music, even though most of them are on the Game Boy.
  • The puzzles are great, as well, because they aren't super easy nor do they become incredibly frustrating (aside from climbing the clouds in Above the Clouds, as mentioned before).
  • The golf minigame is okay, but to me it seems tacked on. Sometimes, it seems as though the designed the holes merely to drain your coins (but I think thats just me - I tend to try to always hit the "ball" as hard as possible rather than aim my shot).
Anyway, I'm really glad I got the game and was able to play through it again. Playing it makes me long for another proper Wario Land (the DS's Master of Disguise was utter dogshit). As I seem to be doing lately, I'll probably be playing a series out of order - I'd like to pick up Wario Land II soon, as I'm eying some eBay auctions. The other game I'm looking at picking up is Kirby's Dreamland 2, which I have actually played through before, but it has been years and I barely remember it. Anyway, back to exam studying. See you Wednesday or Thursday.

(Click here to read my second Wario Land 3 article)
(Click here to read my first Wario Land 3 article)

No comments: