Wednesday, April 9, 2008

Apollo Justice

So I just finished Apollo Justice: Ace Attorney today. I played through the first three games (the Phoenix Wright series) and loved them. And while I enjoyed Apollo Justice, there are a few problems I had with it.

PHOENIX WRIGHT/APOLLO JUSTICE SPOILERS AHEAD!

1. As I'm sure you can imagine, my first complaint is the lack of characters from previous games. Phoenix is in this game (thankfully) and you get to find out quite a bit about his story, but where the fucking Christ are Edgeworth, Maya, Pearl, etc.? They aren't even mentioned!

2. If you want to introduce new characters and story arcs, Capcom, then focus more on the new characters. Apollo Justice? Who? I felt as though I was playing as Phoenix most of the time anyway, except when the camera would pan over to show Apollo's sprite. Every time this happened, I thought, "What the hell happened to Phoenix?"

3. Apollo's hair is fucked up:



(Anyone see There's Something About Mary?)




4. Four cases? Four cases?! This was bad enough in Justice for All, but after Trials & Tribulations you go back to four, Capcom?! What the fuck gives?!

5. Another mob case. Because you know, that wasn't done already in the same goddamn series.

Thus ends my abbreviated list. Although the game was enjoyable overall, these problems really made the game lack the quality of the last games in the series(Justice for All excluded - that game is the worst in the series by far - perhaps I should save that topic for another post).

No comments: